Six Quick Steps to Six Pounds
You can tell what time of year it is by what people are eating for lunch. Before Christmas, people were bringing in all the good stuff including cakes and cookies. Now that we are in February, people are starting to think a little bit more about the beach and the boat later this summer. I am anyway. This morning Dan Collins pointed out my lunch looked pretty ‘producey.’ Ok, that’s not a word, but it describes what I’m having for lunch.
I don’t really battle my weight, but I do monitor it. I think a lot of people do. It’s not like I’m out throwing bales or breaking rock for a living. In fact right now I’m sitting down and writing this story.
Here are a couple of things you can do to make May and June a little more enjoyable when it comes to your weight.
1. Weigh yourself. Daily. I know that probably sounds strange, but if you’re going to be accountable, you have to start somewhere. I weigh first thing in the morning. Every day.
2. Eat Breakfast. I like to limit my carbs to whole grain. I usually do a grain (Bread) a dairy (yogurt) and a protein (eggs or protein shake) Don’t forget breakfast! If you’re not hungry in the morning you probably ate too late, or too much the night before.
3. Drink water. Just water. Not pop. Not juice. Plain old water. If I drink a LOT of water during the day. I know that if I drink water, my mind might not trick my belly into thinking I’m hungry, when I’m really thirsty. Drink water!
4. Plan your next meal, while you’re eating. When I’m doing it right I’m planning lunch at breakfast and planning dinner while eating lunch. Also, plan a small snack. Then don’t snack.
5. Booze = calories. Calories = Weight. Period. Alcohol might make you happy at the time you’re drinking , but it also makes a person ‘hold weight.’ Have a couple beers. Weigh yourself in the morning. You’ll see what I mean.
6. Exercise. Make time for it. This is the one thing I don’t do sometimes. It catches up with you. We all need to make time to exercise. It’s good for your body and good for your spirit. Even if it’s a quick 20 minute walk for a break remind yourself to do it.
These are six things I’m working on. Today.
I know If I pay attention to these 6 things, the 6 pounds I picked up over the holidays will be gone. Hopefully by mid March. Here’s to eating good, and healthy living.