Winter Weather Advisory For Sioux Falls
Planting is delayed, snowpants are still on the hook, kids soccer is moved to indoor facilities, and the snowblower still has gas in it. Yes, it must be spring in South Dakota.
In fact, for South Dakota had an average temperature of 28.3 degrees for March. That's good enough to claim the 35th coldest on record.
And it's not over. Here's the latest 3-day forecast from the NWS:
- Wednesday Rain and snow likely before 2pm, then rain. High near 36. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain or freezing rain before 8pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 8pm and 9pm, then snow after 9pm. Low around 29. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of around 2 inches.
- Thursday Snow. High near 32. Breezy, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
- Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
The Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 7pm Wednesday to 1am Friday.
So, you have perhaps noticed that the Weather Channel has named this Winter Storm Yogi. Hey, Boo-Boo. Let's steal the ranger's pic-a-nic basket and get on with spring!