The Wrap: This Week in Review
Here's what had the Big Breakfast and Kickin' Country talkin' this week:
- TLC's reality show 'Extreme Cheapskates' featured Sioux Falls businessman Abdul Mohammed. After we posted the hilarious video he accepted an invitation (by phone) to the Big Breakfast to talk about his experience. He is the owner/operator of the Wiener Wagon.
- We had our first blast of blowing wet snow on Thursday morning resulting in several traffic alerts form our listeners. because of you, we were able to keep early morning commuters informed and aware of changing weather conditions. The KIKN 1st Alert Weather Forecast is looking better for next week. Brad Temeyer of the National Weather Service:
“We will gradually warm up by next week. As the system moves east, warmer air will move into the region. But it will be a gradual warm up.”
- One-time Democratic senator from South Dakota and three-time candidate for president, has died at age 90. George McGovern passed away at 5:15 a.m. Sunday at a Sioux Falls hospice, surrounded by family and friends. Prayer services were held Thursday at First United Methodist Church in Sioux Falls. Vice president Joe Biden was in attendance. The funeral was held Friday where several spoke of the legacy he left including Tom Dashcle:
If George had never been a politician he still would have made a great impact on people"
- Russell Means was a modern American Indian warrior. He railed against broken treaties, fought for the return of stolen land and even took up arms against the federal government. He helped lead the 1973 uprising at Wounded Knee, the bloody confrontation that raised America's awareness about the struggles of American Indians. The 72 year old passed away Monday. His ashes will be spread in the Black Hills.
- Early Friday morning police and S.W.A.T. team members were called to a residence on E. 3rd Street in Sioux Falls with information about a man with a gun threatening to harm himself. The negotiation talks with the subject successfully ended around 9:45am and the man was arrested on assault and drug charges.
- The weekend before Halloween is a great time to grab your sweetie and see a scary movie. Paranormal 4 continues to thrill moviegoers. Watch actual audience reactions to the film:
The Wrap is a great way to keep friends and family informed on Sioux Falls news and events. Share and send to your loved ones every Saturday morning.