The Wrap: This week in review
- Several Sioux Falls fast food restaurants have been burglarized but you won’t believe what they’re taking. Toilet piping! And those thefts are adding up into the thousands of dollars. If you see suspicious activity (or someone hanging out in the restroom with a pipe wrench) police are asking that you give them a call with any information could help them find the burglars.
- The leaves on the trees are still changing colors but that didn't stop the first snow of the season in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It was accompanied by icy roads and chilly temperatures in the 30's. The KIKN 1st Alert Weather Forecast says we'll see some temperatures back in the high 50's to lower 60's next week.
- By most accounts, Republican challenger Mitt Romney was the aggressor in Wednesday night's first presidential debate and came out on top by forcing President Obama to defend his record. According to a CNN/ORC International poll of 430 debate watchers, 67-percent thought Romney won, while only 25-percent sided with Obama. Who do you think won?
- I was a fan of the television show when I was a kids so naturally I was quite excited when the official trailer for the much anticipated film "The Lone Ranger" was released by Disney this week.
Though the film will not be in theaters until next July, I'm sure you'll enjoy the sneak preview:
- It was announced this week that the Empire Mall in Sioux Falls will undergo major renovations to begin in February 2013. New features will include new landscaping, outdoor seating, upgraded entrances, ceilings, food court re-designs, furniture, children's play area, and more.
- Donald Moeller says he's ready to die for the crime of rape, torture, and murder of Becky O'Connell in 1990. He's been on South Dakota's death row and is scheduled to be executed at the end of October.
" They're going to put poison in my veins and kill me, whether it takes five minutes or 20, I don't care." Donald Moeller
“The Wrap” is a great page to share with friends and family who are miles away. Just click the ‘share’ button and send it to them weekly and keep them informed of what’s happening in Sioux Falls.