The Wrap: This Week in Review
- Police arrested Kristina Love, 22, of Sioux Falls on a prostitution charge. The driver, Felicia Dillard, 33, of Sioux falls was arrested for pimping. These "beauties" were busted placing an internet ad that led them to a local motel where a sting operation was in place.
- The 114th Special Forces Squadron were honored by Governor Dennis Daugaard, along with family earlier this week in Sioux Falls. The Airmen's homecoming ceremony is officially called a demobilization ceremony. It also marks a time to remember how thankful we are as South Dakotans to have brave men and women working tirelessly to serve the needs of our country.
It certainly is a good day to remember how thankful we all are to be Americans and thankful for the volunteerism and courage of out South Dakota National Guard." - Governor Dennis Daugaard
- Gas prices are on the minds of travelers this weekend, and we've got positive news: gasoline prices are on a downward trend. in fact, the first gas station to see a gallon of gas below $3 was reported to be the 'Goode to Go' in North Sioux City, SD. Find the cheapest gas along your route this weekend.
- We learned this week that NASCAR driver Danica Patrick and her husband of 7 years are separating. They shared a home in Scottsdale, Arizona. So, fellas, if you like a girl who can drive 200 mph but works most weekends, well, there you go.
- Sioux Falls hit a record high temperature of 70 on Wednesday, breaking the old record 68 set in 1960 for that day. The 5-Day Weather Forecast looks like we'll see a chance of light snow Sunday night into Monday, followed by temps a round 40 for the first part of the week.
- With all of the discouragement surrounding Thanksgiving Day openings for retailers, the early bargains did prove one thing: The crowds were, for the most part, tame and manageable. One caller to the Big Breakfast morning show Friday morning:
I was upset that the stores were opening early, ruining the time spent with family and chalking it up to corporate greed. I still believe that, but the early Friday shopping experience was, for the first time, enjoyable with shorter lines and nicer people." - Jessica
- The Powerball jackpot builds to $325 million for Saturday nights drawing. The other South Dakota Lottery amounts look like a nice payday, too. Hot Lotto is nearing $6 million. Will you play?
- The Facebook quote of the week: "The TSA wants you to know that if you're traveling with pies for Thanksgiving, they will be inspected separately...in a little room where they keep the plates and forks..." - DC
The Wrap is a great page to share with family and friends to keep them informed on Sioux Falls events on a weekly basis. It's always free and won't end up shredded in the snow blower chute in the driveway.