‘Brain Play’ is Indoor Fun at the Great Plains Zoo
The Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Museum will host Brain Play, a limited-time, hands-on exhibit for children of all ages. The exhibit is in the Great Room of the Delbridge Museum of Natural History.
“Brain Play truly offers something for every child. We can’t wait to see children interact with family favorites like Magna Tiles and musical instruments, and then discover something new in the virtual reality area or the Learning Log,” said Elizabeth A. Whealy, President and CEO of the Great Plains Zoo.
The exhibit features a number of hands-on activities, including:
- STEM Play: Test and tinker with Magna-Tiles, Squishy Circuits, and a variety of building toys, including a LEGO wall.
- Virtual Reality area: The whole family can interact with Arctic animals in a virtual reality experience.
- Learning Log: Kids can crawl through an over-sized log with real-life animals, including a Tomato Frog, Marine Toad, Pancake Tortoise, and Tarantula.
- Imagination Playground: Preschoolers and elementary school-aged children can build, destroy, and start all over again with over-sized foam blocks.
- Pretend Play: Toddlers and preschoolers can role play in a Little Tikes neighborhood with play houses and cars with related accessories.
- Music area: Children of all ages can experiment with steel drums, guitar, floor keyboard, and various percussion instruments including maracas, xylophones, and shakers.
- Physical Play: Children can get active with a kid-sized (and safe) slackline and over-sized bowling set.
- Reading Area: All children will enjoy a reading nook with kid-sized tents, books and seating.
- Infant/Early Toddler Area: The Zoo’s youngest visitors can explore age-appropriate books, bouncing toys, and gross motor activities for very young children.
Brain Play is open daily from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Admission to the exhibit is free for Zoo members; non-member admission is $3, plus the Zoo admission. The exhibit will remain open through the Spring.
Subscribe to KIKN-FM / Kickin’ 100.5 on