When Sioux Falls Stores Open on Black Friday
It seems retail stores will be opening a little earlier this year for the "Black Friday" bargains.
Some store workers are furious about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day because it means less time to spend with their families.
Casey St. Clair, a California Target employee started a petition against her employer headquarters hoping to gather enough signatures for them to take notice:
Having Thanksgiving off really does give me that one day to relax and visit family I otherwise have no time to see"
With competitor Walmart opening on Thanksgiving, Target is stuck. If it doesn't open on Thanksgiving night, it runs the risk of missing out on sales during the most crucial shopping season.
Call me old fashioned but I liked it much better when Thanksgiving was for family, friends, football and turkey. The girls would take all of the local Black Friday sales ads out of the 9lb. newspaper and plotted their course and strategy for early the next morning.
Well, those days could be gone as major stores have released their reported opening times, many of them, Thanksgiving night.
- Sears is joining the likes of Wal-Mart and opening their doors at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving day.
- Gap plans to open around 1,100 stores on Thanksgiving day with another 1,500 scheduled to open at midnight on Black Friday.
- Best Buy is not getting too overzealous this year. The store plans to open at midnight.
- Macy’s is scheduled to open at midnight on Black Friday.
- Target is rumored to be opening at 9 p.m. Thanksgiving night.
- Staples is taking Thanksgiving off. The store plans to open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
- Toys R Us plans to open as early as legally allowed on Thanksgiving, with most stores opening at 8 p.m.
These are all subject to change and might be slightly different in selected time zones across America.
Of course, some people like to spend the nights leading up to Black Friday outdoors with a friend, like these guys waiting outside a Fargo, ND. Scheels store last year.
If you are heading out on Thanksgiving afternoon or evening to shop, good luck and have fun. Me? I'll be grabbing another slice of pumpkin pie and having a cold turkey sandwich.
Let us know what your Thanksgiving/Black Friday plans are below.