Governor Daugaard Signs Ten New Bills into Law
As the South Dakota Legislature session continues, ten new bills have passed the State House, Senate and were signed into law by Governor Dennis Daugaard. Here is a list of the new laws created on Friday February 17, 2017:
- HB 1007 – An Act to revise certain provisions regarding inspection affidavits for amusement rides.
- HB 1015 – An Act to designate the South Dakota Housing Development Authority as the administrator of a federal housing program.
- HB 1023 – An Act to make an appropriation for the payment of extraordinary litigation expenses and to declare an emergency.
- HB 1026 – An Act to require tracking numbers to be included on the quarterly reports of direct shippers and of wine carriers.
- HB 1027 – An Act to allow two-wheeled off-road vehicles that meet certain requirements to be registered and licensed.
- HB 1029 – An Act to update references to certain federal motor carrier regulations.
- HB 1031 – An Act to revise certain restrictions regarding division directors of the Department of Revenue.
- HB 1038 – An Act to repeal the requirement for farm corporations to file farm annual reports with the secretary of state.
- HB 1040 – An Act to license and regulate community living homes.
- HB 1062 – An Act to make an appropriation to fund tax refunds for elderly persons and persons with a disability and to declare an emergency.
You can follow all of the details with the South Dakota State Legislature, including signing up for automatic e-mail updates on specific bills, through the Legislative Research Council.