Are These Worst Passwords Still Used In South Dakota?
In 2019, people are still using '123456' as a password. With so many devices and apps requiring passwords, it can be challenging to keep track of them. It's easy to remember '123456' and that's exactly what hackers are betting on.
A 2017 report from LastPass blamed 81% of confirmed data breaches on weak passwords. I wouldn't be surprised if that percentage is even higher in 2019
That said, here are the 25 worst passwords of 2019 according to SplashData:
If any of these passwords look familiar to you, SplashData recommends changing them immediately and create a strong password. A good password should:
- Have at least 8 characters.
- Include capital letters, numbers, and ASCII characters.
- Not follow any pattern, like “123456” or “121212”
- Not use a dictionary word, common phrase, a movie name or anything similar.
- Not include your name or significant dates, like your birthday or anniversary.
- Never be used across multiple sites, which means that when one site is hacked, all of your passwords are compromised.