Pierre Replaces Boardwalk on New Monopoly Board
Hasbro, the maker of Monopoly, invited fans to vote on the cities that will make the board for Monopoly: Here and Now. I don't mean any disrespect to the fine folks of our capitol city, but I never would have guessed that Pierre, SD would have received the most votes and took its place on Boardwalk.
Buzzfeed partnered with Hasbro to conduct the worldwide voting contest to determine what U.S. and international cities would be on the Here and Now board.
"Our community members, school district, local media and several state government offices all worked together to make Pierre the Boardwalk space on the MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: U.S. Edition game, and we're thrilled to be the top spot!' said Pierre Mayor Laurie Gill. ‘Thank you, Hasbro and BuzzFeed, for giving Pierre a shot at being in the game, and thank you to all the loyal Pierre fans who buoyed our city straight to the top!"
Minneapolis took second place in the voting to take over the spot of Park Place. Here are all of the winners.
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: U.S. Edition
- Dark Blue: Pierre, SD; Minneapolis, MN
- Green: New York, NY; Virginia Beach, VA; Los Angeles, CA
- Yellow: Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC
- Red: Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; Milwaukee, WI
- Orange: Cleveland, OH; Asheville, NC; Denver, CO
- Magenta: Atlanta, GA; Little Rock, AR; Seattle, WA
- Light Blue: Portsmouth, NH; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX
- Brown: Waconia, MN; Chesapeake, VA
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: World Edition
- Dark Blue: Lima, Peru; Hong Kong, China
- Green: Riga, Latvia; Lisbon, Portugal; Istanbul, Turkey
- Yellow: Warsaw, Poland; Mexico City, Mexico; Santiago, Chile
- Red: Belfast, Ireland; Athens, Greece; Belgrade, Serbia
- Orange: London, England; Moscow, Russia; Tokyo, Japan
- Magenta: New York, NY, U.S.A; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Sydney, Australia
- Light Blue: Queenstown, New Zealand; Cape Town, South Africa; Taipei, Taiwan
- Brown: Giethoorn, Netherlands; Madrid, Spain
Here's a look at the new board. You can see Pierre in the lower left side.