Kickin’ Country ‘Secret Sound’ Hints + Incorrect Guesses
Congratulations to Zoe from Lennox! Zoe correctly identified the Kickin' Country Secret Sound. It was Changing a Furnace Filter! Local winners from The Sioux Falls Area have pocketed thousand dollars so far! We'll be taking some time off with The Secret Sound but it will be back soon. In the meantime, you could win up to $30,000 dollars with The Kickin' Country CASH COW. Listen for 'pins to win' and more details on Kickin' Country, or here on your Kickin' Country App!
Here is a list of the incorrect guesses. Again, Congratulations to Zoe from Lennox!
- A Shredder 2x
- Pushing in Change on Pool Table
- Pulling Carts out of a Line in Grocery Store
- Opening Shades
- Crumpling Tin Foil
- Paper Shredder
- Pull Start on a Mower
- Putting a Garbage Bag in a Car
- Crushing a Can
- Flushing a Toilet
- Biting an Apple
- Shuffling Cards x2
- Ice Dispenser
- Money Counter
- Opening a Shower Curtin
- Closing a Zip Lock Freezer Bag
- Lawn Fertilizer Spreader 2x
- Opening a Microwave Door
- Opening a Screen Door
- Tin Foil on a Door Knob
- Ripping Paper 2x
- Snow Falling off a Roof
- Blowing on a Pin Wheel
- Closing a Window
- Roll of tape
- Retractable Cord
- Ice in a Cup in a Restaurant
- Flipping through a Phone Book
- Paper Cutter 2x
- Opening a Bus Door
- Shaving Cream
- Revolving Door
- Tearing Paper
- Bowling Alley Ball Return
- Flash on an old-time Camera
- Crunching up a Bag of Chips
- Shower Curtain
- Dumping Chips in a bowl
- Fertilizer Spreader
- A Badge Reel you Wear on your Wrist
- Crashing cans
- Plastic water bottle 2x
- Card shuffler for an Uno game
- Old school mechanical push lawn mower
- Taping something
- Sweeping a floor
- Twisting an ice cube tray
- Chopping lettuce
- A Shop-Vac sucking something up
- Dumping Legos
- Taking sandpaper out of the package
- Raking leaves
- Biting into an apple
- Crumpling up paper
- Scooping rocks with a shovel
- Tearing a paper towel off the roll
- Corn Hole Game
- Raking up a Sand Trap
- Closing a Pocket Door
- Start or Stop a Power Washer
- A Retractable Hose
- Shaving Cream or Whipped Cream from a Can
- Opening a Window Shade
- An Umbrella Opening
- Scraping Snow with a Shovel
- Blowing up An Inflatable Bed
- Old Fashioned Push Mower
- Removing Ice from a Windshield
- HINT #1 USUALLY RECTANGULAR
- Sanding with Sandpaper
- Vegetable Food Chopper
- Metal Rake
- Putting in or Taking out a Plastic Garbage Bag
- Opening Mail
- Grabbing a Beverage Out of a Cooler
- Changing the Bag in a Garbage Can
- HINT #2 PROTECTIVE SHIELD
- Shoveling Rock
- HINT #3 Some Do This Regularly, while others neglect
- Shaving with a straight-edge blade
- Taking a Face Mask out of a package
- Changing out a Drier Lint Trap
- Taking Dental Floss out of a Container
- Plastic Sheet Protector
- HINT #4 MOST ARE PLEATED. [LIKE A PLEATED SKIRT]
- Taking tin foil out of the box
- Window blinds going up or down
- HINT #5 THIS MACHINERY IS USUALLY FOUND NEXT TO A FLOOR DRAIN
Congratulations to Paula from Sioux Falls! Paula Correctly guessed the Kickin' Country Secret Sound! it was opening and closing blinds! Paula won $2675! Here is a list of the incorrect guesses for Secret Sound #12.
- Chopping a Block of Ice
- Hand Can Crusher
- Shutting the Endgate on a Horse trailer
- Pushing Groceries over a Cash Register
- Can Crusher-[2x]
- Shutting and locking a Public Bathroom Stall
- Luggage off Convair Belt at Airport. (if that's how you spell it! jd)
- Shutting the Latch on a Garage Door
- Semi Trailer Hooking Up
- Raising and Lowering a Mower Deck
- File Cabinet Door
- Pooper Scooper
- Opening a Cash Register
- Pop Machine-Glass Pop Bottles
- Shutting a Barn Door
- Garage Door Opener 3x
- Pulling out, or moving Rack in the Dishwasher
- Paper Cutter
- Roll of Tape
If you were listening Tuesday Afternoon [April 4, 2023] with Chuck Wood on Kickin' Country you already know that we had a winner! Congratulations to Paula from Sioux Falls. Paula correctly identified The Kickin' Country Secre Sound #12 as opening and closing blinds.
Congratulations to our most recent winner, Kaitlyn from Sioux Falls! Kaitlyn knew the Secret Sound plugging in an electrical cord. For her efforts, she won $2800!
- Over the past two years, we've handed out over $40,000 to local winners. Here's a look at our winners from 2022.
Betsy from Lennox was our most recent winner with The Kickin' Country Secret Sound. She correctly identified, what we thought would be an easy sound, as changing a roll of toilet paper. Betsy was working in Sioux Falls when she played and won $4,700!
Meet Josh from Armour! Josh is now our record winner with The Kickin' Country Secret Sound. Our Funner Summer Secret Sound got up to $10,500 before it was solved. It was a 'primer bulb' on a snow thrower.
The Kickin' Country St. Patrick's Day Secret Sound was a stinker. I recorded it in my garage. I had a pair of spurs and twirled the rowels on one of them. That was the sound! Congratulations to Denise from Yankton! Denise was working in Sioux Falls and was able to get in with a team effort of callers. She identified the sound and won $8,700, a record amount for The Kickin' Country Secret Sound.
How much money have we handed out to local winners? Lots! Check out our Kickin' Country Wall of Winners here!
These past few months have had Kickin' Country Listeners trying to solve a Tough Sound (Electrical Breaker) Jen from Sioux Falls finally figured it out and won $3225!
This past December 27, 2021, we thought it would be nice to start the NEW YEAR out with a Kickin' Country NEW YEARS Secret Sound. We usually start out with at least $1000 but this time we thought we would throw a NEW YEARS twist to The Kickin' Country Secret Sound. Miranda, from Crooks, made the lucky guess of a mop bucket handle.' (note that we had only given the hint, YELLOW and then Beth announced Wednesday afternoon the second guess was 'handle.' That's all Miranda had to go on. And it paid off that she listened to Kickin' Country OUTSIDE the times we play the Kickin' Country New Year's Secret Sound.
NOTE: if you have not downloaded the KIKN Country app, do it now, so you don't miss out! The App is a great place to keep up on subtle nuances that tend to pop up with the Secret Sound.
Tate from Mitchell correctly identified our First Secret Sound [opening a fuel door on a car]
Then, it was Zac of Mitchell (again) to win $1050 with our Second Kickin' Country Secret Sound [garbage disposal] You know, Kickin' Country is a REGIONAL Radio station. For years we've had a strong presence in Mitchell, South Dakota. With the tower for 100.5 just south of Salem, we cover a large swath of South Dakota.
CONGRATULATIONS to Leslie from Sioux Falls! Leslie scored $3125 with The Kickin' Country Secret Sound. (a tape measure) What's neat about Leslie's win was she listens to Kickin' Country on 99-1 here in Sioux Falls. While we played The Kickin' Country Secret Sound this fall we had contestants from here in Sioux Falls, for sure. But we had callers who played from Huron, Wagner, Crooks, Brookings, Yankton, Brandon, Luverne, Minnesota, Harrisburg, Sioux Center Iowa, Crofton, Nebraska, and more. Between our two strong signals, we reach LOADS of listeners!
CONGRATULATIONS to Keith from Tea! Tea racked up a total of $1450 with The Kickin' Country Secret Sound. (cutting on a cutting board) Keith and his wife had some strategy going when it came to winning too. Keith and his wife were not the only ones. When we were taking calls for the Kickin' Country Secret Sound, we could hear them talking in the background. They were obviously running 2 and 3 phones at one time to get in to play the Kickin' Country Secret Sound.
CONGRATULATIONS TO Ann from Madison! An Won $2350. Ann is one of the people who travel to Sioux Falls to work every day. She listens to The Bobby Bones Show on her commute. When she finally got through to play, she knew The Kickin' Country Secret Sound was taking a piece of tape from a tape dispenser.
The Kickin' Country Just in Time for Christmas Secret Sound really cranked things up for us here at Kickin' Country! We wanted to make a colossal, cosmic, enormous, gargantuan, gigantesque, immense, jumbo, king-size, massive, mega, monstrous, supersized Christmas for someone here in Kickin Country, and we did!
Suzanne from Sioux Falls correctly identified The Kickin' Country JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS Secret Sound (a padlock) and scored a whopping $3650 to help out with Christmas expenses!
Here's Brittany from Sioux Falls. Brittany scored Huge Time with The President's Day Secret Sound. ($3050) She knew the sound was the focusing hood on a flashlight. Yes, we did give a hint for that one! Congrats to Brittany!