Fantastic 9th Annual Brookings Frost Fest Weekend Coming!
If winter is your jam and your family can't get enough snowy fun, then head north for just barely an hour to Brookings, South Dakota and take in all the activities for the 9th Annual Frost Fest Weekend on February 17 and 18!
No matter what outdoor and indoor activities you love to partake in, in the wintertime, Brookings Frost Fest has something for you.
- Children's Museum Snowball Dance - A winter formal for children and their grown-ups on Friday, February 17, from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. The museum exhibits will also be open. The cost is $10 per person for ages 1 and over.
- Frost Fest Winter Prairie Play - Once again these fun activities are being hosted by the Children's Museum of South Dakota, so museum admission is required. On Friday, February 17, from 10 AM to 5 PM, there will be snow-themed exhibits in the Art Studio, sledding, building snow forts, snow painting, snowshoeing, and more!
- South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum Frost Fest Farmer's Market - You'll find fresh produce, canned goods, fresh coffee, handmade items, and more available from a wide variety of vendors from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Ag Museum at 977 11th Street on Saturday, February 18.
- Brookings Arts Council Frost Fest Art Market - Saturday, February 18 from 11 AM to 3 PM at the Brookings Arts Council, 524 4th Street, you can explore a whole world of artistic items, from flowers to greeting cards, leatherwork to ceramics, paintings to jewelry and more.
- McCrory Gardens Garden Glow Re-ignited - From 10 AM to 5 PM on Saturday, February 18, you can enjoy free admission, build a snowman and "embrace the chill". From 5 to 9 PM, you could rent igloos (purchased online ahead of the event for $50) in McCrory Gardens for your own celebration with hot chocolate and s'mores. Or with your $5 admission, you can enjoy the Garden Glow lights re-ignited with popcorn and hot chocolate included.
These are just a few of the events your whole family can enjoy during Brookings Frost Fest. For more information see Visit Brookings online and on Facebook or call Visit Brookings at 605-692-7444.
Road Trip-Worthy Restaurants Within 90 Minutes of Sioux Falls
Veer off the beaten path. Take a road trip and try some favorite small-town eateries. Just by driving a few miles, you could find some delicious hidden gems.
From steaks to seafood, chislic to chicken, these are out-of-the-way unexpected finds that will make your taste buds tingle.
Here's a list of 14 Road Trip-Worthy Restaurants within 90 minutes of Sioux Falls.