Thousands of YouTube videos depict kids attempting the challenge, resulting in an "orange burst of dragon breath" spewing out of their mouths and sometimes hysterical laughter from friends watching the stunt.

The fad involves daring someone to swallow a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without water. But the spice is caustic, and trying to gulp it down can cause choking, throat irritation, breathing trouble and even collapsed lungs, the report said.

The report says at least 30 teens who took the challenge last year ended up hospitalized. One teen ended up with a collapsed lung and has started her own website urging other teens to just say no.

Here's one of the videos in case you've never seen it