Building the Ultimate South Dakota College Football Viewing Schedule This Fall
Let’s be honest, we are very lucky to have such great football programs so close to us here in the Sioux Empire. Augustana, USF, USD, and South Dakota State are all within an hours drive, and it’s time to lay out the ultimate schedule this Fall for viewing (and possibly attending) the best possible game each and every week.
If you’re a College Football super fan, you may want to undertake this schedule this Fall.
Take it from me, there are a ton of great games each and every week that concern our four area schools.
I picked games based on watch-ability and intrigue, and there were a ton to choose from. Here’s what I think is the best game of each week concerning our area programs to consume this football season (all times Central):
Thursday, September 1st – USF @ Minnesota State-Moorhead - 6:00 pm
Saturday, September 3rd – South Dakota State @ Iowa - 11:00 am
Saturday, September 10th – Bemidji State @ Augustana - 1:00 pm
Saturday, September 17th – Cal Poly @ USD - 1:00 pm
Saturday, September 24th – Minnesota Duluth @ USF - 1:00 pm
Saturday, October 1st – USF @ Augustana - 1:00 pm
Saturday, October 8th – USD @ South Dakota State - 2:00 pm
Saturday, October 15th – South Dakota State @ North Dakota State - 2:30 pm
Saturday, October 22nd – Minnesota State-Mankato @ Augustana - 1:00 pm
Saturday, October 29th – Indiana State @ South Dakota State - 2:00 pm
Saturday, November 5th – Missouri State @ USD - 1:00 pm
Saturday, November 12th – Illinois State @ South Dakota State - 2:00 pm
Saturday, November 19th – UNI @ USD - 1:00 pm
There you have it. As a football fan and a free agent in terms of allegiance in the South Dakota college football scene, that’s my view of the best game each and every week.
For more on each team’s schedules this Fall, visit their official sites below.
Know Your South Dakota College and University Mascots
- What does it take to be a mascot?
- "Losing a bet or filling an opportunity!" Welch says, "An internal energized desire to love life. After meeting great performers who are introverts out of costume, they become the center of attention when they take the stage. And also feeding off the performance of others."
- Why does the mascot never talk?
- "Know your role and shut your mouth. You are there to entertain. Tell the story with your actions and not your voice."
- Advice to someone putting on that costume for the first time?
- "Remember you are now in a costume. Have fun. Otherwise, you're just a dork in tights. If the fur ain't flying you ain't trying."