Toy Story Alien Cupcakes: A Great Family Treat
My kids finally got mom and dad to let them make Toy Story Alien cupcakes for a special treat. The frosting was the best part with some new green hair and smiles afterward. My toddler actually looked like a green alien after the frosting of these little treats! On chilly days, fill the kitchen with your young ones and a few paper towels and let the fun begin!
- Cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- White frosting, store-bought or from your favorite recipe
- Neon green food coloring
- Mint-flavored chewable candies (found packaged in rolls)
- Green apple sour belts
- Green apple sour straws, cut into 2" pieces
- Black decorator gel icing
- Kitchen shears, or a small leaf shaped fondant cutter
1. First, mix up a batch of alien green icing by adding few drops of neon green food coloring to your favorite white icing.
2. Prepare your aliens' ears. Cut ears, shaped like teardrops, from green apple belts. A pair of kitchen shears works well, or use a small leaf shaped fondant cutter. You will need 2 ears for each cupcake.
3. Frost cupcakes and insert a 2" sour straw antenna. Press your ears into the sides of the cupcake.
4. Line up three mint-flavored, chewable candies as eyes, and dot with black gel icing for pupils.
5. Give your aliens a child designed expression by drawing on a circle for a mouth with black gel icing.
Buzz, Woody, and the Collins' family approved!