Third Annual Sioux Falls Winter Carnival Brings Outdoor Fun for Everyone
Even if winter isn't your favorite season, you're going to find something to enjoy at the 3rd Annual Sioux Falls Winter Carnival. And, if you are a winter lover like me, you'll revel in all there will be to do during this nine-day event which begins on February 6 and runs through the 14th. The best thing is the event supports the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire!
The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire serve around 1,500 kids, from infancy through 18. Their goal is to nurture, educate, and encourage each child toward a happy, successful life.
All you have to do to help is have a whole bunch of fun at any or all of the Sioux Falls Winter Carnival activities going on.
Here are just a few on Saturday, February 6th:
- Winter Fat Bike Race - The first of 3 races going on during the carnival and held at Great Bear.
- Frosty Fitness at Fawick Park - In downtown Sioux Falls, you can try "Sno-ga" or a Snowboot Fitness Camp. (**This event has been canceled due to our cold weather)
- Frost Mask-erade - A virtual event that also allows you to the Boys and Girls Club's awesome silent auction and raffle items.
- Family Snowfest - Spellerberg Park is the location from 12:30 to 2:30 to bring the whole family for snowman building, sledding, and more! You can register online now. (**This event has also been canceled due to the cold weekend forecast)
- Arc of Dreams - Get to Downtown Sioux Falls at sunset, our beautiful new sculpture across the Big Sioux will light up brilliant blue for the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire.
- Indoor creative cardboard building projects.
- The Annual Gala will be virtual this year and free to attend online on February 6th at 7:00 pm. Guests who register will be able to participate in a silent auction as well.
And, like I said, those are just a few events on Saturday.
On Sunday there is a Kids Axe Throwing Tournament at Escape 605 downtown.
The next weekend (Saturday and Sunday, February 13 and 14) brings another slate of activities including Ski & Snowboard racing and Lazer Tubing at Great Bear, a vendor fair, the Pets & People Shop-n-Stroll downtown, and adults can do a Wine & Whiskey Tour of the city.
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America