Stuff to Look Forward to in April in Sioux Falls and Beyond
It's a new month.
It's allegedly a new season.
Get our free mobile app
Spring has sort of sprung.
Let's check out all the fun stuff coming our way in April 2022.
- The NCAA men's basketball tournament Final Four is this weekend (April 2). The championship game is Monday, April 4th!
- After almost not having a season, Major League Baseball Opening Day is April 7.
- Golf fans get excited! The Masters starts on April 7.
- The NFL Draft starts on April 28.
- Jake Gyllenhall stars in Ambulance out April 8.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is released on April 8
- Mark Wahlberg as Father Stu in theatres on April 13.
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent starring Nicolas Cage as himself is out on April 22.
- The Grammy Awards are finally happening on April 3 on CBS after being postponed due to Covid.
- Tony Hawk's documentary Until the Wheels Fall Off is out on HBO on April 4
- Barack Obama narrates Our Great National Parks docuseries for Netflix that will be out on April 13.
- Kardashians premieres on Hulu April 14
- Better Caul Saul is back on ABC on April 18
- Easter is April 17
- Deep Dish Pizza Day is April 5
- National Beer Day is April 7
- National Pet Day is April 11
- Earth Day is April 22
- Arbor Day is April 29
Locally, Sioux Falls has some fun events in April as well!
- Downtown Restaurant Week starts April 1
- Downtown First Friday on April 1
- Church Basement Ladies at Washington Pavilion on April 10
- 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt in Downtown Sioux Falls is April 16
- British Invasion at Washington Pavilion
- Into the Woods by Goodnight Theatre Collective at Washington Pavilion on April 21
- The Sioux Falls Skedaddle Half Marathon on April 24
- Dakota Academy of Performing Arts (DAPA) Presents Wizard of Oz-Young Performers Edition April 28 through May 1
Mark your calendars, plan, and celebrate accordingly!
One Of South Dakota's Coolest Parks Is Just East of Sioux Falls
Before this South Dakota State Park was dedicated it had been more than 40 years since South Dakota had a new State Park. And this Sioux Falls green space is a gem!
Good Earth State Park is on the southeast edge of Sioux Falls right on the Iowa / South Dakota border.