South Dakota Cities Shatter Weather Records For November Heat
Did you get out and enjoy Monday's unseasonably nice weather? It was an amazing record-breaking warm day for much of the Sioux Falls Tri-State area.
Records were shattered all over parts of South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. Some locations were 25-30 degrees above normal.
MORE: Huh? Barefoot and in Shorts in Sioux Falls, in Late November?
According to the National Weather Service In Sioux Falls these are some of the warm temperature records broken on Monday, November 29....
- Sioux Falls...New Record +67 Old Record +60 in 1973
- Mitchell...New Record +70 Old Record +63 in 1932
- Huron...New Record +66 Old Record +62 in 1932
- Yankton...New Record + 70 Old Record +67 in 1998
- Sioux City, IA...New Record +70 Old Record +63 in 2014
- Spencer, IA...New Record +68 Old Record +63 in 1998
- Marshall, MN...New Record +60 Old Record +59 in 2020
And there is more great warm weather ahead this week for the region. Check out this week's NWS forecast:
Today: Increasing clouds, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: A chance of rain between 10 pm and 1 am. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 36. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind around 10 mph.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 62. West northwest wind around 5 mph.
Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE SIOUX FALLS:
- December 3, 2005: Sioux Falls' Zip Feed Mill Fails To Implode [VIDEO]
- 60 South Dakotans Have Played In The NFL. Here's The List
- 20 Things You'll Find In The Average South Dakota Home
- Sioux Falls Officers Nearly Hit By Minivan; Officer Opens Fire