Sioux Falls is One of the Best Cities to Sell a Home Fast
This isn't surprising to folks who work in real estate, but it was sure surprising to me how fast homes sell in Sioux Falls compared to the rest of the country.
According to Roofstock.com, of all of the homes sold in small and medium-sized metropolitan areas, South Dakota's largest city ranks 16th for selling homes the fastest. The median number of days a house spends on the market here is 47. The national median is 65, so homes here spend 18 fewer days waiting to be sold.
Out of every single market in the country, 338 of them from New York City to Grand Forks, ND, Sioux Falls ranked 43rd. That means houses sell faster here than in 87 percent of the country. That is really an astonishing number.
- Median days on the market: 47
- Change in median days on the market (YoY): +9.7%
- Median list price: $248,768
- Change in median list price (YoY): +2.3%
- Median household income: $65,566
- Population: 268,833
For reference, here are the statistics for the entire United States:
- Median days on the market: 65
- Change in median days on the market (YoY): -3.0%
- Median list price: $334,081
- Change in median list price (YoY): +7.2%
- Median household income: $65,721
- Population: 328,239,523
Rapid City ranked 106 nationally and homes there spend an average of 56 days on the market. As for how the states ranked, South Dakota was 18th in the nation at selling homes in a hurry. The median number of days spent on the market was 59.