Be True to Your School, Here Are 2016’s Best Public High Schools in South Dakota
Parents like to believe that their child attends the best public high school in South Dakota, and now according to Niche.com, you can find out if that's true.
Using statistics, student and parent reviews and opinions from experts, Niche.com released a list of the 2016 Best Public High Schools in South Dakota. Other ranking factors to determine the list of the public schools that make up the best include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality and student and parent reviews.
With a rankings report card made up of mostly A-'s, two B+'s and one C+, Brandon Valley High School takes the top spot according to Niche.com.
The 2016 Best Public High Schools in South Dakota are:
- Brandon Valley High School - Brandon, South Dakota
- Washington High School - Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Lincoln High School - Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Harrisburg High School - Harrisburg, South Dakota
- Roosevelt High School - Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Spearfish High School - Spearfish, South Dakota
- Sisseton High School - Sisseton, South Dakota
- Brookings High School - Brookings, South Dakota
- Elk-Point Jefferson High School - Elk Point, South Dakota
- West Central High School - Hartford, South Dakota
To be included in the study done by Niche.com, public high schools had to have three pieces of criteria: 1. the public high school had to be located in South Dakota; 2. offer at least an 11th and 12th grade; and 3. have all of the sufficient data. Here are the details on Niche.com's rankings.
Remember, all parents think their student attends the best public high school. Want to find out where your's ranks? Here's the complete list (and where your high school ranks) according to Niche.com.