Don’t Bail on Facebook Yet
You probably read that Facebook just turned 10 years old on Tuesday.
Wow! You know what that means; we’ve been keeping tabs on each other daily for over 10 years now. How time flies when you’re busy creeping huh?
It starting to look like some people may have had enough! If you follow the trends, many young people are becoming disenchanted with Facebook and are leaving it for other social media sites. Is it possible Facebook could eventually become the new My Space?
I personally don’t see that happening. But you never know.
If you too are contemplating a move from Facebook, before you bail, take time to look at these compelling reasons why you should keep that Facebook account active for a little while longer.
Here are the top reasons to stay on Facebook:
- It’s the only way you can remember your wife’s birthday.
- It’s a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Without actually having to keep in touch with friends and family.
- What else are you going to do at work? Work? (Not in this lifetime!)
- It eliminates the need for human interaction.
- People love seeing photos from your kid’s hockey games. (As far as you know.)
- All your friends would kill themselves without your riveting status updates about what you had for lunch and who your favorite character is on “Helix” on the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Where else are you going to get your co-worker birthday reminders?
- You already lost touch with that kid you sat next to in the 5th grade once before, and you’re bound and determined not to let that happen again!
- And finally, having to go back and stalk all your ex-boyfriends and girlfriends the old fashioned way using binoculars and someone else’s car is such a pain in the butt!