A recent poll of 1000 large U.S. companies and asked, “What are some of the more creative excuses you’ve heard for why employees are late for work or meetings?”
Here’s some of the bizarre survey responses.
- “A helicopter landed in the street and I couldn’t get around it.”
- “My garage door was frozen shut.”
- “The elevators in this building are too slow.”
- “I tried a new way in to work and it took me two hours.”
- “The traffic lights were mistimed on my way in.”
- “The line at Starbucks was out the door.”
- “I forgot what day it was. I thought it was the weekend.”
- “My roommate locked me in the bathroom.”
- “I’m not late. I decided to change my hours to make them more convenient.”
- “The dog was asleep behind the car, so I couldn’t back out of the driveway.”
- “My dog swallowed my car keys.”
- “The wind was blowing against me.”
- “My favorite actress got married. I needed time alone.”
- “I felt it was better to sleep at home rather than at the office.”
- “The bartender wouldn’t let me leave.” (my personal favorite)
I can’t imagine that any of these people still have a job with the same company!
Any other colorful excuses you may have heard or used? Please comment below…thanks!